Yes, The Lord has done Amazing things for us! What Joy! Psalm 126:3

Friday, September 18, 2009

Logan's first week of school...

Last Monday was Logan's first day of school... And for most moms kindergarten is a very hard day. Not for me, I was SO EXCITED!!!! It's my first year as a kindergarten teacher... YEP on top of being a Mommy, OT, PT, Speech therapist and nurse I'm taking on another job. A home school mom.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

It's really been a GREAT first week for us. I love homeschooling Logan and look forward to teaching him so many things. He has done so well and really seems to enjoy school. I have fixed up an area where we come to "school" everyday. He has been ready to learn and do projects I have planned for him.

This weeks theme was back to School.

Logan learned about the- Letter: A/ Color: RED/ Shape: Circle/ Counting 1-5

He had a review test this morning to see if he had learned what we had been working on. He passed! I was so proud of him. It was his FIRST test. He even got a sticker on his paper!

WAY TO GO LOGAN!!!!!

He also earned all the stickers on his self-help chart. The chart has tasks on getting ready for the day. He is currently working with me hand over hand to accomplish these task. Our goal is to get him doing these things on his own. Right now Logan is totally dependant on us for everything. We will work until we get there!

During the week Logan usually has therapy @ clinic 2 times a week. We are going to switch to doing all in-home therapies. Trying to home school and nursing a new baby it's almost next to impossible to go places during the day. I'm still trying to figure out how to push a wheelchair and carry a car seat with 2 bags.

The good thing about homeschooling is we can start the day still in our P.J's.Here is Logan doing one of his counting worksheets. He is learning to count #'s 1-5 .

He is working to hold on to his crayon and color. He is able to make marks on his page now on his own.
Here Logan is sitting at his school desk. UNASSISTED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment